Luohan Academy is an open research institute initiated by the Alibaba Group and launched by world-renowned social scientists in Hangzhou on June 26th, 2018. Luohan Academy will dedicate itself to collaborating with world-class social scientists and practitioners to collectively explore and shape the consensus regarding how to embrace the social and economic transformation brought about by digital technology. The purpose of Luohan academy is to serve the society at large, addressing the most important global challenges as well as having an eye for the humanity’s long-term future.
The Academy would fit each candidate's specific capability and research interest accordingly to the projects they will take on. As a fast-growing and dynamic organization, candidates have the opportunities to be exposed to diverse fields of work, connect with the world’s advanced academic insights, and comprehensively improve their ability and vision. Luohan Academy now offers job opportunities as follows with corresponding responsibilities and requirements.
• Assist in the gathering and tracking of latest evidence to formulate research plan;
• Assist in conducting research and analytical review on relevant case studies and update the knowledge database;
• Analyze and consolidate available academic materials and viewpoints pertaining to the Academy’s research areas;
• Support the data collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation;
• Conduct collaborative research and research writing.
• Assist in drafting, designing and updating communications content for the media outreach and advertising on social media for potential partners domestic and overseas;
• Develop knowledge products and support to explore, follow-up and expand options for smooth and effective communication and dissemination to various stakeholders;
• Support the preparation and organization of webinars, knowledge management tools, products and activities such as workshops;
• Support in other ad hoc activities, which might include but are not limited to updating website, maintaining information management system and helping other activities as seen relevant and needed.
Candidates are required to meet one of the following educational conditions:
Currently in the final year of a Bachelor’s degree; or
Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
Have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies;
Field of study: Economics, Finance, Management, Statistics or equivalent; specialized training in finance and procurement would be an asset.
2. Language skills
Fluency in both oral and written communication in Chinese; knowledge in second language will be preferred.
3. Availability for at least two months’ internship.
4. Other skills including but not limited to:
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages related with accounting and finance (Matlab/Stata/R), capable of managing, processing and analyzing data;
- Knowledge in internet-based financial management will be a strong asset;
- Experienced and creative in managing the various new media platforms;
- Good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data and research for practical implementation.
• We strive to provide an excellent research environment to closely involved in the leading-edge research on digital economy;
• Candidates will develop close interactions with academics, industry experts and practitioners;
• Develop skills to work effectively in a dynamic and mission-driven environment and appreciate the innovative construction of ideological community in digital economy;
• Candidates are also offered extensive computing facilities and access to privileged data.